Saturday 16 February 2013

Joseph Benjamin: Don’t talk about my ex-wife

Joseph Benjamin: Don’t talk about my ex-wife 










You are separated from your wife on a mutual agreement, which is unusual with the divorce scenarios playing out here. When a marriage is not heading in the right direction the man or the woman either heads for divorce but yours is different. Could we say growing up under a foreigner, who is your stepfather, influenced your reasoning?

I would like to go mute on that question because to a very large extent that is a very sensitive topic and I have promised myself not to bring that issue anymore to light or the public. I choose not to answer questions concerning that issue. All I can say is that my stepfather’s influence in my life has been very positive but as regards me and my marriage I choose not to talk about it and I don’t want it in the public anymore.


To a large extent divorce is rampant among celebrities, in your opinion what do you think is responsible for this?     
Again, we are going back to that same sensitive issue which I said…

I asked your opinion?

For me, marriage is a journey and for everyone who goes into it understands why he or she goes into it. It takes a lot of grace and patience to stay in there. For those who have falling out of it they have their reasons and they know what went wrong and what they went through. But for those who are still there I can only pray for more grace and strength from God for them to pull through and be able to hold in there, because I have a lot of friends who are still in marriage. I will not speak or judge anybody’s decision on marriage. Like the saying goes that you do not feel the hurt any man is going through in a pair of shoes except you put your own feet into the pair of shoes. The most important thing is: are you at peace with your life decision and God? That is all that matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment