Sunday 3 February 2013

I’ll always be a politician – Okey bakassi

For some time now, the talented actor, writer, producer and stand-up comedian, Okey Bakassi has been off the big screen because, he took a break to serve his father land as the Senior Special Adviser on Entertainment Matters  to the past Imo state Governor, Ikedi Ohakim.
The Imo State born actor is fully back on the trenches.He  was spotted in recent new films and has also been participating actively in the affairs of the industry.
Okey Bakassi
Okey Bakassi
Recently , the television and radio presenter said, he prefers showbiz to acting as that will give him what he needs in his career. “ I will prefer to go more into showbiz because, that is what will give me what I need. I am not saying that I cannot act, I can act but it depends on the script. I cannot just jump into any script I see. It is not the quantity of movies you have acted, it is the quality that matters”.
The Agricultural Engineer- turned-entertainer attributes his success in acting to his background. Being somebody that grew up in the barracks, he was opportuned to meet different people from different tribes and he was able to learn how to adapt to such condition thereby building his acting career. He also didn’t deny his intentions of jverring into  politics. “Every man is a political animal. If the need to serve my father land comes up again, I will not desist from doing that. I am still much willing to serve if the time comes again for me to do so”.

No comments:

Post a Comment