Sunday 13 April 2014

A London-born Nigerian Hollywood star, Chiwetel Ejiofor, on Friday said he was proud to be identified as a Nigerian.


Photo: Chiwetel Ejiofor proud to be Nigerian
Mr. Ejiofor said this in Lagos at the premiere of a movie "Half of a Yellow Sun" based on a novel written by a Nigerian novelist, Chimamanda Adichie. He said that there was a wrong impression that he claimed not to be a Nigerian.
"During the period of publicising "Twelve Years a Slave", I was asked where I was originally from. I suppose I was trying to give an honest answer about where I was born, and so, I said London, which is where I was born. And to me, it was a surprising reaction that people then concluded that I didn’t identify as Nigerian.
READ MORE:  http://news.naij.com/64335.html

No comments:

Post a Comment