Monday 24 March 2014

"I left my home in September 2013"-Victim recounts ordeal in Ibadan ritual den

One of the victims that were rescued by the police at Soka forest, Ibadan, Oyo State, which is believed to be a ritual killers’ den, said she was kidnapped in September 2013.( full story here)

The victim, whose name is being withheld for security purpose, is currently recuperating with seven other victims in Adeoyo Hospital, Ibadan.The woman, who was still weak from her experience, told Punch that she knew she left her home in September and since then could not remember anything until Saturday when she was rescued.
 “I remember that I left my home in Okebola and was going to Challenge. I entered a taxi and that is the only thing I can remember until police rescued us yesterday (Saturday).”
When asked whether she did not see her captors killing people and selling their parts, she said, “I think such thing happened, but it did not really register because my mind was blank.
“I can recollect seeing people falling down, I can remember that some were taken away and they never returned, but really, it did not mean anything to me until Saturday. It was as if I woke up from a slumber.”
At this point, the victim countenance changed as if she went into a trance. Many questions asked by our correspondent went unanswered

No comments:

Post a Comment