Thursday 18 April 2013

Mixed reactions trail Boko Haram c’ttee

Mixed reactions yesterday trailed the constitution by President Goodluck Jonathan, of a Committee that will engage key members of Boko Haram in a dialogue with a view to finding a lasting solution to security challenges in the North, even as a member of the 26-man committee, Mallam Shehu Sani has rejected his appointment.
A statement by the special Adviser to the president on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben abati, yesterday, said the 26-member Committee is headed by the Minister of Special Duties,  Kabiru Tanimu Turaki and is expected to develop a framework that could lead to disarmament and compensation for victims of the Boko Haram insurgency within 60 days.
Rejecting the offer to serve on the committee, the President of Civil Rights Congress, Mallam Shehu Sani in a statement he posted on his facebook page said: “My friends called me this afternoon to inform me that they saw my name on the list of the Presidential Committee on Amnesty.
boko-amnesty
This is to thank our president for giving me such an honour and consideration. However, I humbly and respectably wish to decline to serve as a member. My advice remains: Reach out to the persons I mentioned their names in my interviews in the dailies to discreetly consult with the group to get their input on the idea”.

No comments:

Post a Comment